April 3, 2012

Lonely Hearts



These are my favourite looks from the Lonely Hearts lookbook. It was tough to pick.
First up, that cap is the cap of my dreams, sporty yet feminine with a pretty floral finish, given edge with black leather.
While I’m expressly not a playsuit/jumpsuit kind of girl, with a simple gray marle sweater and those fierce lace-up platform boots, I am considering converting. And the clip-on dungaree straps remind me of my favourite hot-pink denim pair at age 9. Good times.
The second is a breezy maxi dress in soft grey jersey (also comes in a tiny-dotted navy, see picture 4), finished with pleats from the waist and given added interest with a high neck and a crossover back. Perfect in any weather (swap sandals for boots and socks) with everything from leather jackets to chambray shirts.
The third look first caught my eye as I have a t-shirt very similar to this, which I’d more or less given up on as it seemed too casual and a bit sloppy with everything I paired it with, but set against these pretty floral skinnies it works just fine. Need to get brave and really try out this print-clash thing going on right now.
The model is Aussie Rachel Rutt by the way, who is a total babe and the perfect fit for the Lonely Heart aesthetic – having piercing envy and definitely adding that sweet half-knot hairstyle to my retinue.
Finally, I love a good shirtdress, and they aren’t that easy to find – this one is pretty great, with a dreamy loose fit and a girly double-layered skirt, here in an overdyed red floral.
If you don’t know about Lonely Hearts, you should, have a look here. They also do the most amazing lingerie, which I’ll post on sometime in the future...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave them! x