May 12, 2012

I Heart Magazines #2


First things first, someone's finally gone and made a social media platform for magazine lovers. Nice one. It's called Magpile, you need to preregister, but once you're in you can browse the database of magazines, add your own, share lists etc etc. All quite exciting!

The second outstanding issue of Rankin's Hunger magazine is now out, after an enticing series of video teasers with the likes of Helena Christensen and Dizzee Rascal. Better yet, for £10 you can snap up a limited edition hardback version, exclusively at Other Criteria for the next month. I'm a sucker for limited edition.

The ever marvellous Interview sports Jack White on the cover (swoon), and the interview with the man himself is excellent, a crazy three-way conversation between White, music editor Dimitri Ehrlich, and 82-year-old astronaut Buzz Aldrin. There's also the aforementioned best-quote-ever with Helena Bonham Carter, interviewed by Harry Potter Daniel Radcliffe.
 
Two particularly good girly releases this week - Lula #14 and Oh Comely #10, both of which I'm dying to get my hands on, and one for the boys, Fantastic Man #15. Click here for a sneak peek.

Finally, is anyone ready to talk about W's latest cover? I'm not sure I am...

x

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave them! x