September 11, 2012

The Crop: 3.1 Phillip Lim


I'm not one to post straight-out runway pics, mainly because every blog and his dog are already doing it, but also because the images often aren't all that interesting, especially on your thousandth viewing.

However, sometimes shows, and new collections that are at those shows, are really pretty good, and I too am moved to acknowledge them, and share what I liked about them in some way.

Introducing 'The Crop', my new regularish feature where I snip off the boring bits so you can better see the fucking fabulous bits.

First up is 3.1 Phillip Lim. Oh and hey, did you know the '3.1' is said "three one", not 'three point one"? If not, you can thank me any time.

3.1 is a label that has made me feel a little bit panicky with love and lust (the whole package) for some seasons now, and this round is no exception. It's grungy but elegant, the prints are off the hook, the colours range from classic to juicy sorbet to 80's arcade game bright, the accessories are ridic and each piece has that look about it that it would go with anything else you already have in your wardrobe.

Note:
- the leopard print (shriek) in classic gold or electric blue
- the black 'n' bright floral print (swoon)
- the pointy shiny gladiatory shoes (and that they come in quite a number of variations, enough for everyone to be happy)
- the biker jackets (oh my days, there's one in fuchsia)
- the return of the signature faux-sweatshirt-knotted-around-the-waist skirt

- the bags, oh dear god the bags

So that's The Crop. Hope you like.

x


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, please leave them! x